Contribute your efforts, further our knowledge.
ScienceWikis is a catalog of biological knowledge wikis and wiki extensions, aiming to exploit the full potential of wiki technology to harness community intelligence in knowledge integration and curation.
Purpose & Aims
- Build professional academic wikis for biological knowledge integration and curation (such as, wiki-based gene annotation system).
- Measure users' contributions, give explicit authorship and provide a standard practice to reward community-curated efforts in bio-wikis.
- Provide a central archive of quantitative contributions and citations in different bio-wikis.
- Develop wiki extensions to facilitate biological content creation and editing, data visualization, exchange and sharing.
A catalog of biological databases
A knowledgebase of Internal Control Genes for RT-qPCR normalization
A wiki-based database for community curation of human long non-coding RNAs
A community-curated knowledgebase for the rice research community
A portal for a unified view of the human transcriptome
A wiki-based English-to-Chinese Scientific Nomenclature Dictionary
Wiki extensions to facilitate biological content creation and editing, data visualization, exchange and sharing through a variety of e-utility methods.
- Description: A wiki extension to provide a standard practice to reward community-curated efforts in bio-wikis through contribution quantification and explicit authorship.
- Reference: AuthorReward: increasing community curation in biological knowledge wikis through automated authorship quantification, Bioinformatics, 2013, 29(14):1837-1839.
- Availability: http://code.google.com/p/authorreward, http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AuthorReward
- Description: literature mining in aid of gene annotation in biological knowledge wikis.
- Description: color molecular sequence according to sequence features.
- LncRNAWiki: harnessing community knowledge in collaborative curation of human long non-coding RNAs. Nucleic Acids Research(2015), 43:D187-92. PMID=25399417
- RiceWiki: a wiki-based database for community curation of rice genes. Nucleic Acids Research (2014), 42(Database issue):D1222-1228. PMID=24136999
- WikiCell: a unified resource platform for human transcriptomics research. Omics: a journal of integrative biology (2012),16.6:357-362. PMID=22702248
- Community intelligence in knowledge curation: an application to managing scientific nomenclature. PloS one (2013), 8.2:e56961.PMID=23451119
- AuthorReward: increasing community curation in biological knowledge wikis through automated authorship quantification. Bioinformatics (2013), 29(14):1837-1839.PMID=23732274]