The lasted version (CanFam3.1 assembly) of the dog genome was produced in September 2011 by theBroad Instituteof MIT and Harvard.It consists of 39 chromosomes (1-38 and X) and 15 unplaced scaffolds. The currently version contains the following data:
● Number of chromosomes: 39 (2n=78)
● Number of unplaced scaffolds: 15
● Number of protein-coding genes: 19,856
● Number of non-coding genes: 3774
● Number of pseudogenes: 950
● Number of transcripts:29881
 Lindblad-Toh K, Wade CM, Mikkelsen TS, Karlsson EK, Jaffe DB, Kamal M, Clamp M, Chang JL, Kulbokas EJ, 3rd, Zody MC et al.Genome sequence, comparative analysis and haplotype structure of the domestic dog. Nature 2005, 438(7069):803-819.
 Yates A, Akanni W, Amode MR, Barrell D, Billis K, Carvalho-Silva D, Cummins C, Clapham P, Fitzgerald S, Gil L et al. Ensembl 2016. Nucleic Acids Res, 44(D1):D710-716.