Information about Salvia miltiorrhiza Genome
(Salvia miltiorrhiza Bunge, Danshen), also known as Chinese red sage, is a member of Lamiaceae family. It is valued in traditional Chinese medicine, primarily for the treatment of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
has about 538 Mb genome size (ftp://danshen.ndctcm.org:10402/). It has the following facts::
● Assembly level: Scaffold
● Genome size (Mb): 537.835
● Number of Scaffolds: 21,045
● Number of genes: 30478
Genome Re-sequencing Projects and Variation Identification
Dozens of Salvia miltiorrhiza have been re-sequenced in several projects. GVM now integrate 10 varieties for genome variation calling for 3 whole genome sequencing projects[1-3].
We gathered these data, and identified variations using our standard computational pipeline.
1. Hybrid de novo genome assembly of the Chinese herbal plant danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza Bunge). Zhang G, et al. Gigascience 2015.
2. Salvia miltiorrhiza Genome sequencing (PRJNA271119). Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences. 2014.
3. White flowered Danshen genome sequencing (PRJNA271174). ibcas. 2014.