The first genome sequence of Catharanthus roseus was published in 2013. the update version (ASM94934v1) was submitted by Michigan State University on 2015, it has the following information:
● Genome size (Mb): 522.65
● Number of Unplaced Scaffolds: 79,302
● High-depth whole genome sequencing of 760 vascular plants with specimens and images available Raw sequence reads (SRA: SRP144639, 1 accessions).
● Periwinkle leaf yellowing phytoplasma isolate:DY2014 Genome sequencing and assembly (SRA: SRP190502, 1 accessions).
1. Ku C, Chung WC, Chen LL, Kuo CH: The Complete Plastid Genome Sequence of Madagascar Periwinkle Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don: Plastid Genome Evolution, Molecular Marker Identification, and Phylogenetic Implications in Asterids. PLoS One , 8(6):e68518.
2. Kellner F, Kim J, Clavijo BJ, Hamilton JP, Childs KL, Vaillancourt B, Cepela J, Habermann M, Steuernagel B, Clissold L, McLay K, Buell CR, O'Connor SE: Genome-guided investigation of plant natural product biosynthesis. Plant J, 82(4):680-92.