A high-quality carrot genome assembly (Daucus carota v2.0) was public available in 2016 by The Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA . The genome assembly is approximately 421 Mb, and it has the following facts:
● Total Assembly Gap Length: 34.7Mb
● Number of Chromosomes: 11
● Number of Unplaced Scaffolds: 4815
● Number of Genes: 32113
●2016-Massimo Iorizzo et. al. Assembly the current genome with the BH1 cultivar .
1. Iorizzo M, Ellison S, Senalik D, Zeng P, Satapoomin P, Huang J, Bowman M, Iovene M, Sanseverino W, Cavagnaro P, Yildiz M, Macko-Podgorni A, Moranska E, Grzebelus E, Grzebelus D, Ashrafi H, Zheng Z, Cheng S, Spooner D, Van Deynze A, Simon P: A high-quality carrot genome assembly provides new insights into carotenoid accumulation and asterid genome evolution. Nature genetics 2016, 48(6):657-666. [PMID=27158781]
2. Macko-Podgorni A, Machaj G, Stelmach K, Senalik D, Grzebelus E, Iorizzo M, Simon PW, Grzebelus D: Characterization of a Genomic Region under Selection in Cultivated Carrot (Daucus carota subsp. sativus) Reveals a Candidate Domestication Gene. Frontiers in plant science 2017, 8:12. [PMID=28149306]